13 August 2010

MOMA In Your Pocket

Is that the MOMA in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? The MOMA has added an iPhone app that is just wonderful for all lovers of art. The app allows you to view thousands of works from the vast MOMA collection on your iPhone, see and hear about special exhibits, learn more of the artists and hear curators discuss works. For those that visit the MOMA, you can add to your experience by audio touring or checking the calendar for events and times. The MOMA is open to 8 pm tonight, see I found that out in an instant. This is an exciting and FREE app. In the short time I have been using it, it loads info and images very quick, the interface is well organized. I look forward to see how this app expands by adding even more works. I thank MOMA for setting the stage for other world class museum to follow. These types of apps will make our visiting experiences even better and allow us to take home those sweet memories in our pockets.

No comments: