04 February 2010

Felton 2009 Annual Report




The Felton 2009 Annual Report is available for your viewing "pleasure" online. Nicholas Felton is the master of taking facts and figures and converting them into visual organization that are beautiful, logical and engaging. Nicholas started his annual reports as a personnel project in 2005. Each year since, he has taken his life and converted it into these magnificent publications. This years report is based on the following statement from Nicholas' website:
Each day in 2009, I asked every person with whom I had a meaningful encounter to submit a record of this meeting through an online survey. These reports form the heart of the 2009 Annual Report. From parents to old friends, to people I met for the first time, to my dentist… any time I felt that someone had discerned enough of my personality and activities, they were given a card with a URL and unique number to record their experience.

I kept track only of who I gave survey invitations to, the number of the card and where it was given. The surveys answers were submitted via text forms, allowing the respondee to write whatever they desired, and leaving the task of making comparisons between the data up to me. I have used only this information to create the report, however accurate it may be. I have strived to sort and collate the data in a clinical and repeatable manner that could be reproduced by someone looking for the same stories I have selected.
If you want to see the power of informational graphics at their best, take a look at Nicholas Felton work. You will be amazed.

No comments: