14 May 2009

Milton Glaser: To Inform & Delight - The Film


Tonight marks the opening of a new documentary, Milton Glaser: To Inform & Delight. The film, directed by Wendy Keys for Arthouse Films, looks at the everyday moments of Milton's life. The synopsis for the film is as follows-
For many, Milton Glaser is the personification of American graphic design. Best known for co-founding New York Magazine and the enduring I ♥ NY campaign, the full breadth of Glaser's remarkable artistic output is revealed in this documentary portrait, MILTON GLASER: TO INFORM AND DELIGHT. From newspapers and magazine designs, to interior spaces, logos, and brand identities, to his celebrated prints, drawings, posters and paintings, the documentary offers audiences a much richer appreciation for one of the great modern renaissance men.

I have had the pleasure to spend some time with Milton during a class I took with him at SVA and am excited to see this film very soon. I found Milton to be a designer full of passion, creativity and intellect, an inspirational hero of mine, and a pleasure to be around. I am sure all of this will show through in the film.

Stay turned for additional information about where you can view Milton Glaser - To Inform & Delight at a theatre near you soon!

I also am pleased to announce the makers of Milton Glaser: To Inform & Delight are sending me some give aways to give to you, my readers. Look forward to details about my Milton Glaser give away contest very soon!

No comments: