08 October 2009

Getting Creative- #4 Travel


Travel is one of the best ways to get your creative going. Travel exposes us to new ideas, new cultures, new foods and most important, new ways of looking at things. Distance travel is great (I can not wait to get back to Europe) but if time and money is an issue, go local. I am sure you will find many locations to explore right in your backyard or within a days drive. Too many times we fail to look and travel to locations that are not far away. Get out and see the world. Great designers are great observers.

2 comments:

Prêt à Voyager said...

Agreed! While I too love to get far, far away, I also love getting to know the ins and outs of wherever I'm living.

Anne

p.s. sorry to be so MIA. thanks for all the well wishes! paris is grand (but life is busy!)

Daniel Gross said...

I could not agree more. Local discovery is great to inspire.

I know you must be busy with your course work. Love the updates when you can and I am still so jealous you are living in Paris. I need a sabbatical like Sagmeister.