30 July 2009

You Can Drive My Car






I was Wilshire district of Los Angeles recently and stopped at the Petersen Automotive Museum. This museum is a treat for lovers of cars and design. It was my first visit and I was impressed. First the collection of cars is diverse and spectacular. They range from early beauties, to muscle cars, to concept cars, to the finest of the luxury cars. One would expect nice cars in a car museum but I was happy to see the great exhibit design that help show off the cars. The exhibit design for the museum is well done showcasing the cars in a "Hollywood" California way, with dioramas and building fronts. The Streetscape exhibit also includes signage, fuel pumps, and a stocked auto parts store of the past. Other great views are the cars Hollywood used in famous films, such as Batman and Herbie, along with those owned by the stars. You will find the Petersen Automotive Museum a great afternoon visit, with beautiful cars and a fine exhibits. Check it out, you can drive my car, not.

Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323-930-CARS

No comments: